December 10, 2008

My New Blog

Welcome to my new blog. I have been thinking for the past month that I should start a blog to journal my lap band journey. I'll be getting my lapband on December 15th. Today I'm on day 5 of my pre-op diet which consists of full liquids (low fat, sugar free). I'm living on sugar free pudding, protein powder mixed with Carnation Instant Breakfast, tomato soup, yogurt and Campbell's V8 creamy soups (blended).
I'm so excited to have my surgery. I applied for the surgery in May 2008 after thinking about it a few months. I had to undergo an upper GI, Physc Evaluation, Nutritional post-op class and lose 5% of my body weight. I did all of it and passed everything with flying colors. This process took from July until October. In October I applied for approval from my insurance company (BCBS FEP) and was approved within two days. After that it has been a long, long waiting game. 4 more days and I start a new chapter in my life.
For the last three hours I've been trying to come up with a name for my blog. I orignally wanted to call it "Out of the Shadows" but it was already taken. This is exactly what I feel like I'm doing - walking out from the shadows. I have let my weight control so much of who I am, what I do and how I feel. I have tried to lose weight in the past and have been successful, unfortunately I always end up gaining it all back plus a few extra pounds. Not this time - this time I'll lose it and keep it off - thanks to the lap band.
I won't lose weight as quick as people who have gastric bypass. It will come off slowly, just like when I was doing Weight Watchers. I am planning on losing 1-2 pounds a week. Some people lose more and some lose less. As long as I see the pounds coming off and they don't return, I'm okay with it. My goal is to look great next September (2009) when a group of my high school friends and myself are renting a house on Lake Champlain.
So what will my blog be about? Just about anything that comes to my mind that day, or moment. I plan on blogging about my lap band journey, successes and struggles I face. Plus from time to time I blog about life and my family (two teenagers and a husband).
Please feel free to subscribe to my blog to follow my journey. If anyone is interested in the lap band and wants more information, please let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you on your new journey...seems like your already on a good start...wishing you success and a Merry Christmas