December 18, 2008

Day 4 of Post Op

Today is my fourth day of post-op ( or is it day 3?). I am finally able to stay awake longer than 20 minutes. Yesterday I spent the whole day in bed. I was concerned that I wouldn't end up sleeping through the night but I did - the whole night. This morning I woke up, took a shower and then came downstairs. I'm feeling alot better. I've actually been awake for the past 6 hours. I haven't taken any pain killers and have stuck with taking my children's liquid Motrin instead. I ate some jello for breakfast and then ventured onto my first protein shake since the surgery. Going from clear liquids to full liquids is exciting. I feel like I may finally get to the point where I can eat "normal" food. I am so craving a slice of toast right now. I never realized how I took something like a slice of toast for granted before.
I haven't been very hungry but I'm also still trying to figure out what all the feelings are that I have in my tummy. Is it gas? hunger? heartburn? It feels like heartburn that turns into a hiccup. I also still have gas pains in my left shouldar and neck occassionally.
So far I'm down four pounds this week (since Monday).

2 comments:

d.ritchie said...

I know what you mean about taking food for granted. I craved egg, and toast.
After post op, I had such strange dreams about food. Each dream was so real and I was eating something different each dream. It was food NIGHTMARES. Maybe it was too much morphine HA HA HA. Keep up the good work it will be over soon.
Congrats on the weight.....With all the IV fluids I think I gained weight the first week.lol

Sarah said...

congrats on the weight loss!!! I kind of enjoyed falling asleep all the time. The days went by so quickly that way. hahahaha