January 4, 2009

It's a New Year!

Happy New Year to all my readers!

I received an email from a friend today asking me for an update. I'm sorry that I haven't updated this past week. The kids are on vacation and there really isn't alot to report. My weight loss has slowed wayyyy down. Actually, I managed to gain 2 pounds during the Christmas weekend. Last week I lost that 2 pounds but didn't lose anything else.
My appetite is back full force. I'm not feeling much restriction right now. I'm looking forward to my first fill/adjustment. For those of you who don't know what that is - it's when the doctor injects saline into a port that's attached to the band around my stomach. It tightens the band and gives me more restriction. Something I really want! The first week after the surgery I had alot of restriction. I could only eat a small amount before I was really full. Although I'm not sure I want that kind of restriction all the time, it would be nice to have more than I currently have.

This past week I didn't do any "real" exercise but I we cleaned the basement and I did alot of moving, lifting (I know I wasn't suppose to do too much) and I think that helped with my two pound weight loss.

So what is my favorite soft meal right now? Refried beans with low fat cheddar cheese melted on top. I'm also enjoying potatoes and I tried lasagna on New Year's Day (blended in the blender) and it was really good. Tonight for supper I cooked chicken in the crock-pot and it made it really soft and easy to chew/swallow.

I need to search for my appointment card for the doctor's. I think I have an appointment this week or next week for my surgery follow up.

No comments: