October 24, 2011

Eating Healthy While on the Road

I'm heading to Washington DC (actually Alexandria, VA and Falls Church, VA) for the week for work. I've been sick for the last two weeks and my diet has gone out the window. I love cooking and while sick I spent a lot of time eating take-out (pizza, Subway, Chinese) or eating highly processed frozen meals. My body is craving a good salad.
Now that I'm feeling a little better, I have a business trip to take. I dread making the right choices while eating out. My co-worker has offered to split meals with me and hopefully we can keep each other accountable for what we consume. My first plan, upon grabbing my rental car, is to stop at a store to pick up some fresh fruit to have on hand for snacking. I am also packing some of my weight watcher snack bars and baked chips. My downfall though will be all of those great eateries that I don't have here in Vermont, like 5 Guys. OMG I love that place.

When you travel, how do you make sure that you stay on your healthy eating plan? Help me!!!!

~*~ Tamra ~*~

1 comment:

Kayle said...

You just got to remind yourself what's healthy and what's not ;)
Though, I'm not really a healthy eater, a picky one i am! :))

Thanks for stopping by!
Leaving love <3