June 5, 2012

Pasta Primavera Vegan

I am trying to eat more and more vegetables and surprisingly even my 17 year old son has accepted the non-meat meals.  When I asked him if he liked this dish, he replied with a grin and said I'm going in for seconds.  I take that as a yes.

 

Pasta Primavera

Ingredients: 2 zucchinis, sliced
1 summer squash, sliced
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 cup carrots, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 T oregano, dried
1 jar of low-salt pasta sauce
1 cup carrot juice, optional
16 ounces whole-grain spaghetti, cooked (I used linguine)
 1 cup raw cashews, ground

 I have this amazing food processor made by The Food Network and it sliced all of my vegetables (except the tomatoes) for me, including the carrots. Then I threw them all in a pan and water sauteed them until tender (first 6 ingredients). Add in the diced tomatoes, oregano, juice, pasta sauce and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over the spaghetti.  Garnish the top with the ground cashews.

No comments: